grey as sun
Friday, September 28, 2007
the beastie boys... and the lull of life in their set
It was a slightly chilly night. As people swarmed in to see the Beastie Boys play Northerly Island, it got warmer with bodies and anticipation.

Suddenly, they come out - and play a few rockers and do what the beastie boys do.

Then they played new songs. Instrumental mind-numbers (it's actually a plural form of numb - not numbers, the things you add) that invoke hippy-esque crap that was boring and tedious to see live.

I thought the idea here was to play the old stuff - do the fun tour along with the instrumental tour. The Riviera show was for the instrumentals - what the fuck?!?!

This could only have increased the amount of pot being smoked all around us. At lollapalooza, people were smoking it all over the place, and I would catch whiff of it, but then it would go away. IT WAS CONSTANTLY AROUND ME!!! I couldn't even TAKE it.

Then, to top it all off - we were in a spot in which people were constantly walking away from the concert. It was annoying as hell.

Overall, I'm glad I went and saw them - they have some good songs and they played a few good songs. I wouldn't go see them again, but hey - whatever. They were big in my formative years - and I hadn't listened to most of those tracks in about 8 years, so it was a nice diversion.

Now, back to the grind - Hope all is well out there...

xoxo
posted by grey as mike @ 10:06 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
a blog is no more than than the modern journal for public viewing...
About Me

Name: grey as mike
Home: Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox
Other things
Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER